Up Sonder was created to give Providers peace of mind while sharing that thrill of the sky with others. Up Sonder protects you and your drone.
The Provider Guarantee protects your drone and equipment from accidental damage. Every Provider with a listing on Up Sonder is eligible for coverage at no additional cost. You don’t have to do anything to sign up. The Provider Guarantee will reimburse eligible Providers for damages up to $2,500.
UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee is created by UP SONDER LLC. (hereinafter "we" or "UP SONDER") to build trust in the UP SONDER marketplace. UP SONDER agrees to provide replacement products for UP SONDER Providers if damage occurs accidentally under normal use to a Provider’s drone during a confirmed official booking through the UP SONDER marketplace by a third party within the period of validity.
If damage occurs accidentally to your product under normal use during an official booking through the UP SONDER marketplace by a third party, UP SONDER offers one new replacement unit or unit of equal value for free up to $2,500. The drone, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers are eligible for replacement.
UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee does not cover the following:
1) Modified accessories;
2) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product;
3) Homemade or DIY model aircraft/UVA/UAS/drones;
4) Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity;
5) Technical enhancements or performance improvements;
6) Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger;
7) Damage resulting from the use of third-party accessories, batteries or software;
8) Damage caused by owner of the drone;
9) Damage caused by battery failure;
10) Claims submitted after 1 week from the date the Renter returned your drone, or after the next Renter receives your drone, whichever comes first.
UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee provides one replacement up to $2,500. If you claim for replacement of your product, UP SONDER shall be considered to have fully executed the UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee service. The UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee service will then be terminated.
After replacement, the original product becomes UP SONDER’s property and the replacement product is your property.
UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee is valid for 24 months from the time a Provider’s starting listing their drone on the UP SONDER marketplace.
1) If damage to your drone occurs during an official booking through the UP SONDER marketplace by a third party and you are within UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee coverage, create a ticket through “Report a Problem” in the logged-in portion of the site within the booking that was damaged for ONLINE SUPPORT.
2) File an accident report with the FAA if surrounding damage costs, not including the drone, are over $500, https://www.faa.gov/uas/report_accident/, and submit a copy to email@example.com
3) Send your product (including the drone, gimbal, propellers, and battery) to 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 125, Los Angeles CA 90036. If you do not send the required part(s), UP SONDER may require you to send it (them) again or decline your replacement request.
4) UP SONDER will send you the confirmation notification after it determines that the product is covered under UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee. After receipt of the notification has been confirmed, the replaced product will be shipped to you. Or you can choose for UP SONDER to pay the cost of repair to repair your product, not to exceed $2,500.
5)The Provider is found to be colluding with Renter to take advantage of the Up Sonder Provider Guarantee.
UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee will be terminated without notice in the following situations:
1) The service has expired.
2) Your UP SONDER product was repaired by a non-official UP SONDER repair center.
3) UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee includes one replacement. If you claim for replacement of your product once, UP SONDER shall be considered to have fully executed the UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee service. The UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee service will then be terminated.
4) If the customer is found to have broken a UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee covered product on purpose, the service will be terminated automatically, and UP SONDER will not offer a refund. If a customer is found to be causing accidents for financial gain, UP SONDER reserves the right to take legal action.
There are no hidden charges for UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee. However, Provider is responsible for shipment cost to the company.
1) UP SONDER’s Company Guarantee cannot be transferred to another member.
Please do NOT send SD cards to UP SONDER. UP SONDER shall not be responsible for any damage or loss to the data or personal information stored or saved in your product.